+61 (08) 6102 7284
MY TAKEAWAY MESSAGES FROM MICROSOFT AUSTRALIA PARTNER CONFERENCE 2015
This is my first year attending Microsoft Australia Partner Conference (APC). As a newbie, I had no idea what to expect. I spent three days in Gold Coast and all of my colleagues thought I was away for a holiday- I have to proof them wrong! In fact I was out and about making connections and learning new ideas. If you missed this APC, Please read on and be inspired!
According to the organiser, it is the first time to have major features in marking in APC. This conference aimed to support partners to build a better business. My interest is in business development and marketing hence I attended numerous sessions on both topics.
- The importance of purpose and vision
- Live better does not mean you need to work harder.
- Develop and communicate your vision
- How to get the best out of our people (people development)
- Positive attitude generate better outcomes
- Understand different personality (DISC model) and how they communicate.
- Use unique coaching plan for individual team member
- People motivated by People motivate by designed work
- People need frequent recognition
- Develop “Purpose > Mastery > Autonomy” employment model
- Coaching model: Goal > Reality > option > Way forward
- Principle of coaching
- Help to go further
- Impartial and focus
- Support ambition
- Time and discipline in coaching process
- Clear goals = better performance team
- The disruption of social media and the power of social selling
- Develop long term digital marketing strategy
- Short term direct sales campaign has limited result
- Long term PR- trust building is more important and effective (over a long period of time)
- Develop quality content
- Content needs to be informational, educational or entertaining (better to have all 3)
- Understand your target audience
- Develop buyer persona (I found an excellent template from Hubsport. See this link)
- Understand what is important for your customer? What do they want to know?
- Understand buyer journey
- 60 percent of buyer journey is completed before they contact you
- Modern buyers use internet to research
- For Product
- Product compare website
- Forums and community base website
- Expert reviews
- For services industry
- Social media to review company profile
- Blog, online article
- Review your social present
- Develop mini product site or landing page
- Mobility fulfills the following needs
- Enable workforce to have a greater chose
- Increase collaboration
- Increase productivity
- Surface Hub – a good tool to make meeting and collaboration easy.
- Machine Learning – the potential of how we will interact with technology in future
APC did not just give me some clear directions to lead my business but also some encouragement to motivate me to perform better as a leader.
440 William Street
1 Macquarie Place
10 Eagle Street
© 2015 Copyright Illuminance Solutions
Website by Lene Makwana